Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Love

"Ho, Hey" came on the radio yesterday, and since it's not 2012 anymore that's now a random occurrence. You started beaming in the backseat and shouting Hey! about one second too late everytime. We pulled up to a stoplight, so I turned around and sang with you. You were enamored. You sat mouthing words you don't know and smiling wildly as I sang and sang and sang. Your eyes locked in on mine, and we had a total moment. And in that moment, I'm certain I've never been cooler or more loved, and I can guarantee my singing's never met more fanfare. 

I'm fully aware that there will be many moments in our future, probably years of moments, where my singing in the car won't be quite as captivating. Probably sooner than I'm ready, it'll annoy the crap out of you that I know all the words to way too many songs. I realize silent rides are on the distant horizon. But for now I'm your girl, and you're my little guy. For now, I'm it for you. And as the light turned green and tears literally streamed down my face, I think I finally fully realized what this mother/son gut-wrenching love is. So grateful you're mine. 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog inspired my lesson today
    http://teacherweb.com/Blog/TX/RoundRockOpportunityCenter/Nash,JoAnn/1/blog.aspx?Post=f83ca9bd-f724-4c85-932e-ff58be774016
    Mmmwah!

    ReplyDelete