Friday, September 12, 2014

Back to Center

Five years ago, I was bawling my eyes out watching the only storm of the summer roll through the hill country certain our day was ruined.

With the ceremony moved inside and my dad promising the florist he'd buy an entire freaking field of flowers if that's what it took to decorate the new space, John and I took a moment to come back to center. Because this day wasn't about venues, flowers, or the weather. It was about us. It was about all the people who'd made it a priority to be there for us. To support us. To love us. 


September 12th will forever remain my favorite day - the day we committed to being a forever family. The day I became a wife. Every year at this time, John and I take some time to come back to center. Come back to where we started. It was such a beautiful beginning.  And while we're not Greek, this quote motivates our yearly centering. 

"We Greeks get married in circles, to impress upon ourselves the essential matrimonial facts: that to be happy you have to find variety in repetition; that to go forward you have to come back to where you began." - Middlesex

I'll always be grateful to those who stood with us on the day we began. I've never felt more loved. Here's to a million more, Boss. There's nobody better than you. Nobody crazier. Nobody funnier. Nobody that loves me better. 








No comments:

Post a Comment