Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Moon Date

Way too early this morning you woke up to go to the bathroom and quietly tiptoed into our room without me even hearing your tiny footsteps. With your little lips brushing my cheek, you whispered, "Mom, wanna come out on the deck and see the moon with me?" There's not many people I'd get out of my warm bed for too early in the chilly morning, but goodness, this was an offer I just couldn't refuse, so hand in hand, we crept out to the deck, and there it was - the brightest, most beautiful moon I've ever seen sitting just beyond our trees. You sat in my lap and said, "See? I could see it through the window, and I knew you'd love it. It's round all the way. And beautiful," and you leaned over and planted the biggest smacker right on my lips. It was without a doubt the very best morning I can remember. You, my boy, are magic: your tender heart, your giving nature, and the love that pours so purely from your soul. Let's moon date always.

No comments:

Post a Comment