Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Gotta Say It...

I am so over the Chick-fil-A nightmare. I'm tired of reading posts about how Christian people are because they ate at a fast food restaurant on a certain day. I'm tired of people claiming their biggest problem with the entire Chick-fil-A debacle stems from the issues of free speech or the struggling economy. I'm tired of people believing that they are more of a Christian than someone else because their beliefs fall in line with that of some CEO. And honestly, I can't believe that so many of my "friends" are proud to tout about inequality.

Now I don't claim to be some banner-waving Christian or even the prime example of what a Christian should be, but as a Christian, I do believe that people should be treated equal. I'm appalled, but not surprised, that so many of my peers don't see it the same. The issue of LGBT Rights - be it marriage, military service, adoption, etc. - is no different to me than the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s. It's no different than the Women's Rights movement of the 1920's. Black people don't choose to be born black. Women don't choose to be born women. And LGBT people don't choose their orientation.

Needless to say, I didn't eat at Chick-fil-A today, and I don't think it makes you more of a Christian than me if you did. I don't think it's cool to brag about inequality. And for all of you staunch Christians that had to eat at Chick-fil-A to show your support for the anti-LGBT rights movement, are you also boycotting AT&T, Boeing, American Express, American Airlines, Barnes & Noble, Chevron, Clorox, Coors, Disney, Ford, Gap, General Mills, General Motors, Hewlett Packard, IBM, Mattel, Microsoft, Nike, Pillsbury, Proctor and Gamble, Reebox, Shell, Starbucks, Time Warner, United Airlines, US Airways, Xerox, etc. etc. because they support LGBT equal rights?

#tiredofthebandwagonhypocrites

2 comments:

  1. Amen to this blog. I also call myself a Christian but can't understand the idea of loving one another unless you fall within the LGBTQ community. Luv and hugs, Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason I'm just now seeing this comment. I love you more than chocolate chip cookies.

      Delete