Saturday, August 3, 2013

This Guy

Thirteen and a half years ago I met this kid. And oh what kids we were.


While I clearly knew where I was headed, John was still very much carving out his path, so I became his biggest cheerleader, his motivator and his main-line of support. When we first started dating John joked that he'd never heard the word proud thrown around as much as it is in my family, and it's probably true. But I've been sincerely proud of him since he was first just figuring out what he wanted to do. Even when he wasn't quite so sure he could be great, I believed it enough for the two of us. And somewhere along the way he started believing too. He's provided for our family, been a constant reassurance that we are making the right decisions, and continues to put himself in positions to carve out an amazing future for us. What a crazy summer we've had. Wouldn't want to do any of it with anyone but you.

So lucky to be your wife. So proud of all you do for us.




No comments:

Post a Comment