Saturday, August 31, 2013

Adventures in Parenthood

Oh Charlie,

Most days I love you more than chocolate chip cookies. Most days I appreciate the little everyday challenges you present. Most days I want you with me all day because everything's WAY more fun with your adventuresome spirit and fresh look at the world. Most days you're sweet.

Today wasn't most days. Today wasn't most days. Today wasn't most days.

Today you were the screaming kid in Home Depot, the screaming kid in the restaurant, the screaming kid in the front yard, backyard and everywhere in between. Today you climbed on absolutely everything and anything you weren't suppose to looking at your dad and me defiantly as you went. Today you hated diaper changes, putting on (and taking off) your clothes, baths, getting in the car, and most of the food I dared put close to your face. Today you were a total butt.

So tonight I grabbed my wallet and keys and headed to Marble Slab. Tonight I happily spent $14 on ice cream - your dad needed some too, okay?! Tonight someone somewhere knew I needed some good music vibes because The Cure, Pearl Jam, Pavarotti, Xavier Rudd and Dr. Dre (will you ever appreciate that I know every word of Forgot About Dre???) came through my shuffled iTunes. Tonight I rolled my windows down, turned my radio up and sang obnoxiously loud to my ridiculously random stream of music.

Parenthood kicked our asses today. It's not the first time. I'm certain it won't be the last. Two pints of ice cream later...we're ready for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment