Thursday, May 31, 2012

One Month of Love, Growth and a Smile

We've officially had Charlie for an entire month, and oh what a month it's been! But before we get into all the hairy details, Charlie was so excited that he'd been alive and out of the womb for an entire month, that he smiled at me today! And no, it wasn't a sleepy, dreamy, milky or gassy smile (I know what you're thinking)...it was a legit grin. We were just talking this morning (yes, we converse quite well) about how cool it was to be a month old, and he smiled. Just like that. I have no proof and no one to back up my story, but Charlie and I know our truth! And it was an awesome morning.

Anywho, Charlie continues to be a big, little guy, and everyone keeps telling us that's what makes him so calm and cool. I like to think that no matter how big or small we'd be blessed with the same sweet demeanor. We go back to the doctor next week to see how he's grown, but until that update, here's what's happening at month one. Charlie loves to suck the little rolls on his wrist when he's trying to calm himself down, to listen to his giraffe and watch its head move around, to do anything that involves the outdoors (he's instantly soothed), to listen to people talk, to ride in the car, and so much more. He's also figured out...

Bath's aren't so scary anymore. And man, look at that physique...now that's one hot bod!



The bumbo is kinda cool and maybe a little scary.



It's pretty cool to hang out outside with Stan while I water plants or mess with the garden.




Officially one month old pics...

Morning naps are a must.


It's still kinda hard to keep that big melon up, but his neck is stronger everyday!



Owls are fascinating.



And so is Mom...



Zeroing in on and attacking the owl feels pretty good.




Charlie continues to fascinate us and keep us on our toes, and selfishly, I'm so thankful I've had him to myself this entire week - we're learning so much about each other - but, as always, I'm looking forward to the weekend when being together as a family has a whole new meaning. We're feeling grateful and reflecting on how much life and love has changed within the month. 

We're going to try to make this our monthly marker chair (and yearly if Chuck will cooperate...I'm imagining him finding it weird to still have a glider in his room at 18, but we'll see). Can't wait to see how much he grows! And this month, I was so good (or Charlie was so good) we actually snapped the pics at 3:53. I assume as Charlie grows and schedules change this won't always be feasible, but for this month, it worked. Happy first month sweet boy!









No comments:

Post a Comment