Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Doing Life with You

Catching up on my friends' blogs is a guilty pleasure that gets squeezed in during Charlie's lengthening naps and on occasional late nights when I just can't sleep - overtiredness is a real devil. And as I was indulging last month, I stumbled across a post by probably one of my favorite friends that I never get to see. She wrote about her daughter's 5 month benchmark and her husband's 32nd birthday, and while her posts make me laugh and cry all the time, this one really got me - laughing because her kids are a.dor.able. and her husband is wearing a "32 years" sticker on his shirt and all choked up by the end because of her unique and wonderful phrasing, "John David, we are so thankful we get to do life with you!" Because that's just it - the people we choose to surround ourselves with makes all the difference.


Three years ago John and I committed to do life together. To support each other. To laugh with each other. To love each other. Throughout our thirteen years we've seen each other through family frustrations, college, jobs, deaths, births, unbelievable triumphs and devastating defeats. We've supported each other despite our darkest struggles and celebrated each other through our brightest victories. In just a few years we'll have been together longer than we'll have lived without each other, and I think that's a pretty awesome feat.


 
I'm unbelievably grateful to be John's wife and love that we get to raise Charlie in a home with so much love, respect and support. I guess I never quite knew how to say it, but man, John, I'm so thankful we get to do life with you! Happy anniversary, boss.

Oh what a day it was three years ago...


 
 
 










No comments:

Post a Comment