Sunday, November 11, 2012

Affirmation

If life is a series of breaths you take and moments you share, I'd say this past weekend more than helped me fill my quota. My total-boss-of-a-brother-in-law sent my two sisters and me to Lake Austin Spa and Resort for an overnight spa extravaganza as a birthday present to my sister Tania. It was an extravagant slumber party filled with spa treatments, ridiculous food, kayaking, swimming, reading, and laughing. We arrived early Saturday morning to begin our treatments and settle in to the resort lifestyle - i.e. robes worn at all times.

And man did we settle in. I'm pretty sure my sisters were in their robes before I even picked which locker I would store my stuff in for the morning. And we happily trotted up to the Blue Room, which is quite possibly the most magical place on Earth. It's quiet, serene and if you're in the Blue Room, you're either waiting for a treatment or just finished one - I'm not sure which is better. After our body scrubs, we went to lunch and then it was back to the Blue Room. Back to treatment heaven. And the day continued in this style. We bounced around between the spa, the dining room, the pool, the hammocks, the steam room, and the lake for the remainder of our stay. The treatments were divine. The Blue Room was just as lovely as I remembered. And the scenery was unbelievable. But the best part of all of it was the time we spent in between services - sharing meals, swapping stories and cracking up. My sisters are awesome women, amazing moms, my ultimate role models and on so many occasions my complete salvation. We don't get a chance to kick back as much as we'd like, but when we do, we make it count.

This weekend rejuvenated my soul and lightened my spirit. And as I enter back into my norm, my heart swells with love and appreciation for the little over twenty-four hours of moments we shared. The small breath we got to take from reality. A sweet reminder that life really does work beautifully.




No comments:

Post a Comment