Monday, November 26, 2012

Tiger Pee

Two truths and a lie. I played it yearly in my classroom and always cracked up at the crazy things my students had experienced. This past weekend we gave Charlie a great "gift" that I'm pretty sure will make him unbeatable. I don't yet know what lie Charlie will concoct, but I know one of his truths will be, "I've been peed on by a Siberian tiger."

Sacrificial lamb

Thanksgiving was a fantastic holiday spent with family and friends, and while the eating was good (have you ever tried my brother's fried turkey...are you kidding me?!), the non-stop laughter and mini-adventures were the best. We spent Thanksgiving morning at the Trot and headed over to Tania's for some eats and treats Thanksgiving night. We celebrate Thanksgiving with my mom on Friday, and as always, it's a day of pure relaxation and a night full of fun. Saturday my mom planned a trip to the In-Sync Exotics Wildlife Rescue, and it was even better than anticipated. Well better if you like tigers peeing on your sixth-month-old, mountain lions tracking your four and two year old nephews, a tiger charging your nine-year-old nephew and another tiger locking in on your step-dad to the extent that the volunteer had to ask him to "move along". Yes, yes, yes and yes! There was a large Siberian tiger, Kiro, at the first cage we came to. He was pacing the entrance of his cage eagerly anticipating the arrival of his mid-day treat...a turkey, duh. My brother, mom and Charlie and I stood on one end of his cage, and as we stood there marveling at his beauty and size, he calmly lifted his tail and sprayed tiger piss with vigor. I ducked and covered like a bomb exploded, and while I saved myself, I didn't quite get Chuck out of the way. Mother of the year here. But really, the place is awesome. It's full of beautiful, large, wonderful cats, and we had a great time walking around the cages and swapping stories of lion and tiger encounters. If you're ever near Wylie and have an afternoon to spare, I highly recommend giving this place a visit. We headed home Saturday afternoon, and as usual, Charlie was a total road-warrior. Sure I spend most of my time in the backseat now singing The Itsy-bitsy Spider or Old MacDonald, making crazy faces, reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear and playing Peek-a-Boo, but a happy Charlie makes the ride go oh-so-much-quicker and is worth every ounce of energy.


Around here we're thankful for a week spent with funny family, delicious eats, an easy road-trip, fantastic friends and the beautiful Texas weather. Oh and tiger pee. Definitely thankful for tiger pee.

 


Hope your Thanksgiving was full of blessings and left you feeling grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment