Sunday, November 18, 2012

To Be

Today's one of those days I feel overwhelmed with love for our little family. Charlie and I have fallen into an awesome weekday routine which makes life so good, but the weekends are my sanctuary. This weekend in particular left me thankful and totally in love. Sure I love my sweet family all the time, but I'm talking about that love-spilling-over-every-inch-of-life type of love. The kind where you almost feel ridiculous being so giddy and grateful. This weekend was nothing special. We didn't have grand plans or extravagant outings. We had time.

Time to lay around in the grass out front and enjoy the beautiful weather. Time to grab breakfast tacos and picnic at the park. Time to meet family and friends for dinner. And time to lay around on the couch while Charlie took a wickedly awesome nap. And I think that might just be what we'd been missing. We tend to jam-pack our weekends trying to be everywhere for everyone, but allowing time for our little family to simply be is just as important.

This weekend we got to just be. We soaked in this life and uncovered an unparalleled level of contentment.



No comments:

Post a Comment