Monday, December 24, 2012

Glowing

Magic. This week has been pure baby love magic. Honestly, I can't put my finger on it. He's an awesome kid, but I'm especially in awe right now. I woke up thinking about the end of the world last night (don't ask), and when my crazy brain calmed down, I found myself thinking that I'd really like to just wake up Charlie even if for just a minute. Just to see that sweet smile. This kid is a freaking light.


I can't get enough of his scrunched up face, his full-belly chuckle, his two-tooth grin, his arms-straight-out-ready-to-eat grunt, his face buried in my my shoulder, my arm, my stomach, my neck, his seemingly beautiful singing voice, his button-working hands, his smile in my rearview mirror, his booty bounce, his almost-crawling rocking, his joy when Stan comes near, his high-pitched squeal, his flirtacious nature when we're out and about, his love for the outdoors, his obsession with standing, his budding locks, his intrigued face when we swab his little ears, his infant-like snuggles right before bedtime and the list could go on and on. I can't believe my all day, every day gets to be with this kid. This is truly the life.

When Chuck was new I remember commenting that I can't imagine how people have more kids (I'm just a tad dramatic when sleep deprived), but I'd have nine more babies right now if someone could promise me more Charlies. What a love.



2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas. That guy of yours really is something special. He picked the right family.

    ReplyDelete