Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

What a year. Last year I felt like I cheated my way into celebrating my motherhood. I'd been mothering for going on 10 days when Mother's Day crept up on us, and I was still very much a new mom - nervous, exhausted and overwhelmed. Oh, what a difference 365 days make. Charlie's a totally different kid, I'm a completely different mama, and this day holds a whole new meaning. With a year of mothering under my belt, I have a new appreciation for ALL that moms do. A new respect for stay-at-home moms, working moms, and those of us who fall somewhere in between, for moms of multiples, for moms with more than one, and of course, for grandmas - mothering truly never ends.

I hope this day is full of love, laughter and whatever you wish the most for your Mother's Day. Much love to all of the AMAZING women in my life who make me a better mom everyday because they share their time, stories, and expertise. I wouldn't want to laugh, cry, share the joys and heartaches of this most important role with anyone else.



Happy Mother's Day, mamas!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to you, too! It's wonderful reading about your memorable moments as a mom. I never planned on getting married, much less being a mother, and yet both decisions have been the best I've ever made.

    ReplyDelete