Thursday, May 2, 2013

Get Out! (Week 6)

Blog neglect is in full effect. Week six's get outdoors was tainted by a miserable weekend of sickness on my part. I was pukey and pathetic, and in no way shape or form in the mood to be outdoors. Weird that Charlie didn't seem to understand or respect any of my wishes to sleep all day tucked warmly under the covers. Selfish.

Needless to say, we got out a little late, on Monday, but it was Earth Day, so it seemed like the perfect day to reenter the world of the outdoors and make the most of the beautiful weather. We headed to Redbud park with Stan gleefully in tow. And as I pulled in to the parking lot, I realized that just one year ago we were at the exact same park, but I was in a very different state. Whoa. Lump immediately in my throat (there's been a lot, okay A LOT, of that in the last two weeks) and tears flooded. I quickly recovered. No time for weepiness with my motor-scooter around. He was ready to walk (with my finger firmly latched into his fist) and Stanley was already in the woods exploring. It was the perfect afternoon, and just short of picking up trash or helping clean up a park, I think we did exactly what you should on Earth Day. Be outside! I hope you took the time to enjoy the day, the Earth and all that surrounds you great and small.







No comments:

Post a Comment