Sunday, March 24, 2013

Get Out!

Not to rub it in your face, but this weekend was, well, gorgeous, again. And when it's 104, and I'm melting in my air-conditioned car and Charlie's banned from the outdoors unless it's before 9 in the morning or after 9 at night, you can remind me of all the bragging I did in March, but geez, right now, I can't get enough.

This weekend we took advantage of Austin's awesome parks. We visited our old stomping grounds - Bull Creek - on Saturday, and Stan couldn't have been happier to be back. When I first moved to Austin I lived across 360 from this park, and we went over there every day after work. It's a beautiful little park with trails, water, picnic tables and plenty of room to run. We packed up a lunch and headed out for an afternoon of fun. Chuck loved...I mean LOVED...the water. It was freezing cold, but he was obsessed. We splashed our hearts out, and even then, Chuck was devastated when it was time to go. Rough life, Chuckster. On Sunday, we picked up Jimmy John's and headed to Mayfield. Luckily, my sister's family is in town, so we had quite a picnic crew. Mayfield is an awesome park with peacocks roaming freely, beautiful ponds with huge fish, great gardens and trails down to Lake Austin...perfection. Only drawback? It's a Stan-free zone. Bummer. But again, a perfect picnic, plenty of room for Chuck to cruise, and lots to see.

I hope you took the time to get out this weekend, to recharge your batteries, and to reset before the new week. Get outside, Austin!

No comments:

Post a Comment